Full Price: £450
Amāyu Essentials 2
This is the second part of the Amāyu Learning Pathway aimed at those who wish to deepen their Ashtanga Primary Series practice in a holistic way. It is a stand alone course that is for you to develop your own knowledge of the Ashtanga yoga practice, it doesn’t include assisting others.
Course date and place
The course will run between 18th/19th July, 15th/16th August and 12th/13th September on the Zoom platform and will be run concurrently in the UK/EU and the US. The UK/EU will have a separate led primary series practice session to the US but both groups will come together for the technique/philosophy/movement section each day.
- We will explore the Amāyu visions and values.
We will explore Ashtanga yoga practice from the second half of the primary series practice. This will be from Bhujapidasana through to Urdvha Dhanurasana.
We will continue to study the theory behind the whole of the Ashtanga yoga practice, reviewing what we learned in Essentials 1 too.
We will unpack the finishing sequence from Salamba Sarvangasana through to Padmasana.
We will begin to look at the historical and philosophical theory of yoga.
We will continue to develop our mindfulness meditation practice.
We will discover the patterns of the finishing sequence of Ashtanga yoga
- Understanding and proficiency in the chanting of the teaching and closing mantras.
You must be proficient in practising the Ashtanga full-primary series and have experience of both self-practice (Mysore style) and guided/led Ashtanga yoga methods. You must know how to count in Sanskrit 1 – 22 and will be given an instructional video to support this or have completed
The course will be run by the lead faculty teachers Greg Nardi, Amanda Palermo, Scott Johnson, Helen McCabe and Jock Orton.
The course duration is 4 days with 24 contact hours of study. The course includes:
- 6 hours of content per day (with breaks)
The UK/EU daily sessions are:
- Session 1: teacher/student Ashtanga yoga led half primary series. This creates a learning environment where together we unpack the many elements of the practice.
- Session 2: technique/philosophy/movement session unpacking the deeper elements of yoga practice.
The US daily sessions are:
- Session 1: technique/philosophy/movement session unpacking the deeper elements of yoga practice.
- Session 2: teacher/student Ashtanga yoga led half primary series. This creates a learning environment where together we unpack the many elements of the practice.
If you are in the USA:
If you are in the UK/EU: