Full Price: £450
(The course price is £695 when booked with Essential Part 1.)
Course date and place
The London course will run between 6th – 11th February at Stillpoint Yoga Brixton, 41-43 Acre Lane, Brixton, SW2 5TN
This course is the second part of the Amāyu Learning Pathway aimed at those who wish to deepen their Ashtanga Primary Series practice in a holistic way.
In this course you will continue your journey from part 1 deepening your relationship to the second half of the primary series practice from Bhujapidasna through to Urdvha Dhanurasana. We will work on how it all relates to your own bodies and include more chanting instruction, mindfulness meditation, pranayama and sanskrit counting. This course is for you to develop your own knowledge of the practice, it doesn’t include assisting others. There will also be instruction in the basics of historical and philosophical theory.
- We will explore Ashtanga yoga practice from the second half of the primary series practice. This will be from Bhujapidasana through to Urdvha Dhanurasana.
- We will unpack the finishing sequence from Salamba Sarvangasana through to Padmasana.
- We will begin to look at the historical and philosophical theory of yoga.
- We will continue to develop our mindfulness meditation practice
You must be proficient in practising the Ashtanga full-primary series and have experience of both self-practice (Mysore) and guided/led Ashtanga yoga methods. You must be proficient in the count, asana names and opening chant for the half-primary series or have completed Essentials part 1.
The course will be led by Scott Johnson. Visit the About page for more information about our teachers.
The course duration is 6 days with 36 contact hours of study. The course includes:
- 6 hours of content per day.
- A 3hr morning teacher/student Ashtanga yoga led half primary series. This creates a learning environment where together we unpack the many elements of the practice.
- A 3hr afternoon technique/philosophy/movement session unpacking the deeper elements of yoga practice.
Full attendance is required to qualify for the next level.
Completion of this course qualifies you for the Amāyu Experienced Practitioner Training.
Make a booking enquiry